was founded in 1990, with the aim of developing electronic instrumentation
and control systems.
Our main area of expertise being electro-optic
engineering, we successfully developed the innovative meshed
detection light screen now known as the SIGRA
CL System Safety Light Curtain. Developed in close consultation
with installers, end users, and Government safety authorities,
the CL System has found broad acceptance throughout industry
with cost, performance and reliability beyond other machine
The well proven SIGRA CLA system of
Photoelectric Light guards is a unique and
innovative concept in light curtain technology
suitable for safeguarding a wide variety of
Most other light curtain systems operate in the
grid format. Generally, this requires a matching
transmitter and receiver pair that send and receive
The SIGRA CLA system essentially operates on
the proven through-beam, transmit/receive principle.
However, identical transceiver bars perform both
transmit and receive functions, which generates the
uniquely intermeshed, invisible Safety Net pattern.
This offers many advantages including very high beam
density especially where it is needed most, the top and
In these "Hot Zones" the CL system has
a twice the rated resolution. (Down to 10mm for 20mm
Further Advantages include:
- Inherently safe optics suppress dangerous reflections and allow easy alignment.
- Easy set-up as all transceivers are wired identically.
- Minimal inventory for spares (1 transceiver will replace either end).
- Very cost effective.
Standard Features of the SIGRA CLA:
- Controller can run up to 4 complete curtains of any size or combination.
- Controller supplied standard with two 6 amp output captive contacts.
- Auxiliary 6amp changeover (normally open and normally closed) outputs.
- Selectable Auto or Manual reset function.
- External device monitor input. (Reset buttons, gates, slave relays, valves etc).
- Dual mute inputs to safely monitor muting devices.
- Integrated, monitored mute lamps.
- Controller housed in rugged IP54 cast alloy enclosure